EIP-AGRI seminar: Multi-level strategies for digitising agriculture and rural areas
The EIP-AGRI seminar “Multi-level strategies for digitising agriculture and rural areas” will provide a platform for a debate on the importance of strategic planning to steer the digitisation of agriculture and rural areas, combining European, national, regional and local levels. The event will also be the opportunity to showcase the latest tools and inspiring examples for accompanying the digital transformation of farming and rural areas, which have been gathered by EU Rural Networks.
The event is organised by the EIP-AGRI network with the contribution of the European Network for Rural Development and of the Broadband Competence Offices Network, and with the support of the Flemish Rural Network. The programme includes the participation of Phil Hogan, EU Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development. In addition, our Spanish partner Cooperativas Agro-Alimentarias will attend.
The objectives of the seminar are:
- Promoting multi-level strategic plans for digitisation in agriculture and rural areas;
- To raise awareness about the role / importance of strategic planning to foster and steer the digitisation of agriculture and rural areas, also with a view to the future Strategic CAP Plans;
- To showcase and discuss existing examples of strategic planning and relevant digitisation initiatives across Europe;
- To discuss and kick-start the process for developing strategic plans for digitisation, adapted to the local context and needs, by fostering mutual learning among actors, sectors and governance levels;
- To showcase tools and initiatives developed at EU level to accompany the digital transformation in the farming and rural economy sectors.
Participation at the seminar is by invitation only. More information can be found here.