Meat Transparency and traceability
Today food is all about communication. Consumers want to know what they eat: is it healthy, safe, fresh and locally produced? This use case aims to increase product quality and safety in the pork value chain by providing a transparency system to support pro-active auditing. Pro-active auditing stands for an inspection process that enables the auditor to continuously check whether farmers meet certification criteria and provide them with timely assistance in case non-conformity arises. The concept of proactive auditing is being developed together with the Sustainable Pork Association in the Netherlands that has strict sustainability criteria such as minimum weaning age, regular veterinary inspections and the strive for antibiotics-free products.
less time on preparing inspection
inspection costs decrease
reduce overall waste
- Share information with supply-chain partners to optimise business processes and reduce negative environmental aspects;
- Enable Auditors to constantly detect non-conformances;
- Check critical KPIs like growth rate, mortality rate, minimum weaning age permanently;
- Monitor sustainability parameters like minerals and antibiotics;
- Improve data quality and increase transparency between producers and consumers;
- Reduce feedback time significantly;
- Implement well-established GS1 standards like EPCIS in other IoF2020 use cases.
- Increased consumer trust in meat production;
- Improved communication on the animals’ welfare and health;
- Less audit preparation effort and inspection costs;
- Faster physical inspection process and high-quality audit results;
- Improved cooperation with farmers and other stakeholders;
- Scalable solution;
- Improved environmental performance (e.g. energy consumption, waste creation).