Precision Livestock Farming (PLF) has the potential to address societal concerns related to animal welfare, lower the environmental burden of meat production and make resource use more efficient. This use-case focuses on the development of a range of cloud-based services that promote the implementation of precision dairy management with a focus on feeding and the reproduction of cows. An early warning system with real-time data, primarily derived from neck mounted collars, pro-actively alerts the farmer on any emerging issue. Furthermore, the data captured from animals in different areas will be collated and shared with a range of stakeholders to get more insight into the behaviour of healthy cows.
improved animal welfare
better feed optimisation
growth of young farmer engagement
- Implement a platform that will support multiple services;
- Monitor animal health and productivity;
- Respond in an appropriate manner to operational requirements.
- Improved animal welfare;
- Increased production efficiency;
- Enabled better resource management (feed optimisation);
- Increased young farmer engagement;
- Reduced production losses (due to early intervention);
- Reduced greenhouse gas output per unit of product (milk);
- Reduced use of veterinary interventions and medication.