This position paper shall provide input to the following questions pre-defined by the workshop organisers:
- Is the federation of some of the Farm Management System (FMS) platforms and other data platforms feasible?
- Assuming that the implementation option for the Common European Agricultural Data Space for agriculture is based on a federated distributed system of existing data platforms, what is needed to implement a European data space from a technical point of view (definition of the interoperability mechanisms)?
- How can we reach an agreement on a set of interoperability mechanisms (avoiding locking into existing platform architectures)?
- Are the suppliers of FMS ready to share their data? And willing to federate their data platform with other suppliers?
- Which existing platforms supported by ecosystems (at regional or national level) are already sharing data? In which sub-sectors are they sharing the data?
- Which public data sets would be of particular relevance for increasing the effectiveness of the Common European Agriculture Data Space?
- Are their experiences with taking public data sets as input to FMS, farmers` applications or agricultural data spaces?
Please find the full position paper here.
Dr. George Beers
Wageningen University & Research
Wageningen, The Netherlands
+31 70 335 8337
M.Sc. Edwin Hecker
Schuttelaar & Partners
+32 2 502 2008