VDI Workshop Drones in Agriculture
The VDI Workshop "Drones in Agriculture" shows which drones are available for use in agriculture and presents strategies for drone applications. The workshop, taking place in Raunheim bei Frankurt on 29 and 30 November 2018, informs about the potentials and limitations of this future technology in detail and provides insights into the legal framework conditions.
Drones as well as smart farming concepts are an essential element of precision agriculture. Equipped with special sensors and cameras, they supply time and site-specific detailed information on the condition of the crops and soil. With this knowledge, farmers can utilise their resources much more efficiently.
Learn more about the following topics:
- Types of drones and sensors for use in agriculture;
- State of the art and future developments;
- Potentials and limitations in the different application fields such as the monitoring of plant health, yield prediction, pest damage, etc.;
- Integration of the data collected in the agricultural operational management;
- Cost/benefit ration: Drones vs. standard techniques.
For more information, visit the event website.