Food integrity in the food chain: how can the animal production sector contribute?
Organised in Brussels by the Animal Task Force – a European Public-Private Platform, the event will provide a platform for dialogue between farmers, industry, stakeholders from the primary sector and from the food chain, decision makers, scientists and citizens on how to build up integrity in the animal derived food sector.
Bringing together representatives from the European institutions, the farming industry, the food processing sector and academy, the event will be structured around the following sessions:
- EU Food and Nutrition Policy, European Food and Nutrition Security R&I agenda- setting
- Diversifying consumption patterns
- Consumers’ expectations towards the primary sector
- Vision from a scientist in human nutrition
- Vision from a public health perspective on sustainable healthy diets
- Vision from the processing and retail industries
- Farmers’ approaches
- Farmer producing its own brand or in a short chain (peri urban area) and/or labelled food production