Agri-food waste day conference
Held in Brussels on 17 October 2017, the event, jointly organized in the framework of two innovation projects funded under the Horizon 2020 programme – AgroCycle and NoAW - will explore the latest trends in applying circular economy concepts across the agri-food chain.
The event will provide an overview of the significance and relevance of circular economy concepts to the agri-food industry and present the latest developments in technologies and systems right across the industry chain, from on-farm production systems, through retail and on to consumers, and beyond into the bio-economt built on the agri-food "circular econony".
The event will be structured around the following session:
- Circular economy: a way to tackle societal challenges
- Agricultural wastes availability and mapping in the EU
- How agri-food wastes can create business opportunities
- Renewable energies – sustainable farming innovation
- Where is stakeholders’ help required? How can they benefit?
- Agri-chain valorization
- Food waste valorization
- Novel value chain
- Novel business model
- Discussion on collaborative opportunities